EJOT Solar Flashing
The ideal solution for PV and solar thermal installations on residential buildings with asphalt THREE TAB shingle roofs and wood substructure or rafters.
This picture illustrates how the flashing is assembled on wood rafters. For metal rafters or purlins, EJOT's JZ3 Solar Fastening System is also available on request.
The EJOT Solar Flashing System for three tab asphalt shingle roofs includes the application-specific designed flashing, manufactured from 0.04” anodized aluminum; and the fastener made from 304 Stainless Steel, the EJOT JA3-SB-8.0x80/70 E22/3 (equivelant Imperial size: JA3-SB-5/16” x 3.15”/2.75” E22/3).
Underneath the flashing, the system provides second and third sealing; giving secure sealing – in three different layers.
IAPMO has granted UES Evaluation Report ER0308 to the EJOT Solar Flashing System, please click here for further details.
Secure sealing - through all three layers!
1st layer: sealing between flashing and fastener
• Sealing area between fastener and flashing is elevated.
• Increased security compared to flashings with sealing feature in the rain water-bearing layer.
• Sealing with the washer takes place at the cylindrical part of the JA3 fastener – no capillary action is possible at the shank of the fastener.
2nd layer: sealing between flashing and upper shingle layer
• Additional sealing below the flashing.
• Pre-positioned structured foam sealing adapts to the surface of the asphalt shingle.
• Correctly tightened, the sealing ring is pressed against the shingle.
3rd layer: sealing of the penetration through the second shingle layer
• Additional sealing in the third layer (bottom shingle) with conical shaped sealing washer.
> Defined compression of the sealing elements in all layers
> No need to use additional sealants
> If the penetration has to take place in a low between two highs, there is no need to shim the low under the flashing with extra asphalt to level out the surface.
Sealing in three levels on three tab shingle roofs
• Only two preset components – one fastener, one flashing.
• Applicability to all common mounting systems and strut rails (attached directly or with L-foot/adapter plate).
• High product quality through strict quality controls.
• Usage of weather resistant materials (anodized aluminum, stainless steel 304 and EPDM).
• Competent technical consulting services
• Simple, secure, fast and labor-saving installation process.
• Predrilling and preparation of the cutout in one simple step
• Precise defined depth (control) stop.
• Perfect setup of the fastener's installation depth and reliable sealing characteristics is included in the proven EJOT Fastening System.
• Unique sealing system allows positioning close to, or even right on a low between two highs - without shimming.
Stability of the flashing:
• High stiffness through specially shaped emboss.
• Secure transmission of all loads into the substructure.
• Force transfer and quantity of required fasteners can be evaluated easily with support from licensed professionals (i.e. licensed solar installers, engineers and racking manufacturers).
Individual positioning of the Fastener - close to, or even right on a low between two highs - without shimming.
EJOT Click&Drill hole saw
• Use the EJOT Click&Drill Hole Saw for optimal installation preparation.
• Preparation of the assembly position in just one step.
• Easy ejection of the debris.