EJOT Corremaks JZ1 and JA1
The Corremaks JZ1 and JA1 range is manufactured from the highest anti-corrosion class stainless steel, 1.4529 (A5). This makes it suitable for highly corrosive environments, ranging from swimming pools to industrial processing. For mechanical fixing of brackets and liner sheets onto steel, aluminum and timber sub-constructions.
Stress corrosion cracking (SCC) is a type of localized corrosion characterized by fine cracks which can propagate extremely rapidly, leading to failure of the component and potentially the associated structure. Extensive research studies indicate that SCC in swimming pools appears under a specific combination of conditions including the use of susceptible grades of stainless steel.
Some grades of stainless steel, including 1.4301(304) and 1.4401 (316) have long been recognized as susceptible to SCC. Grades such as 1.4529 (A5) are suitable for safety-critical and load-bearing components in pool hall atmospheres. This grade is also used in highly corrosive industrial environments such as the pulp and paper industry, seawater desalination and flue gas desulphurization. As well as being highly resistant to SCC, 1.4529 (A5) possesses the necessary resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion to ensure reliable performance in these highly aggressive environments without regular cleaning. As a result of their microstructure, duplex grades such as 1.4529 are more resistant to SCC than the standard austenic grades.
The EJOT Corremaks is available in the JA1 Range suitable for stitching together profiled steel sheets and fixing to timber and the JZ1 Range for fastening to steel substructures. Please see the download for more information.
- Produced in stainless steel material 1.4529
- Resistant to chloride induced stress corrosion
- Resistant to chlorine, chloride and sulphur dioxide in high humidity environments
- Produced to comply with the German Building Institute. Due to roof failure, A2 and A4 grades are not considered suitable on structures where there is a significant chloride concentration, e.g. swimming pools.
- Compliant to German Zulassungsen; compliant to the technical approvals of the German DIBt
- EJOT 1.4529 stainless steel self-tapping fasteners. Sufficient for multiple applications
- High performance
- Caustic industrial plants
- Swimming Pools
- Severe maritime locations
- Tunnel decoration
- Tunnel fire protection
- Fixing acoustic deck to cold and hot rolled purlin
- Fixing liner sheet to glue-lam beams
- Fixing halters
- Fixing top-hat section
JA1 6.5 x 22, 38, 64 and 115mm (JA1 ¼ x 7/8”, 1-1/2”, 2 -1/2” and 4-1/2”) For fixing to steel section up to 2.0mm in thickness, aluminum up to 3.0mm and timber.
JZ1 6.3 x 22mm (JZ1 14 x 7/8”) For fixing to steel section greater than 2.0mm in thickness and aluminum greater than 2.5mm.
For pilot hole diameters, please click here.